Welcome to Goal Planning Monday! If you are new here be sure to check out the guidelines and join in, we would love to have you! If you are returning, I hope you had a good week. Thank you for stopping in and sharing with us. Be sure to keep sharing with your friends as we all could use some accountability from time to time! I was thrilled at number of new and returning participants last week and I hope that I will see you all again this week and all through the year. Keep spreading the word as we could all use some encouragement and support as we go about achieving our goals. If you have a moment get sure to hop over and see what others are going as well.
Goal from last week:
1. Write review for Homeschool Spanish. Done! I’m not as into my reviews as I’ve been in the past but I did get this posted by the deadline and look forward to using the program more over the summer as we didn’t get to use it as much as I would have liked over the holidays.
2. Write article about Canada in my own backyard for Homeschool Horizons. Not Done.
3. Limit everyone’s use of electronics so that we spend more time really, really together. Partially Done. I did do quite a bit with the kids but there was still a lot of electronics. I’m actually taking 30 days to try something completely different (I’ll be blogging about it) so I don’t see using less electronics for probably 30 days but we will see what happens.
4. Take down the Christmas tree. Done. I suppose it would have been Newfie good luck to keep it up ’til Old Christmas Day but I was so done with it and down it came on the 3rd.
5. Continue on my winter cards. Not Done. Not so good at this one.
6. Work on getting AT LEAST 30 views to my page EVERY day. Partially Done. Several days has spikes over 50 but you really don’t want to know how many views I got on other days (let’s say, it would average over 30!)
7. Organize my pots and pans cupboard. Done. I’m getting quite sick of being clobbered by lids when I open the door. I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to do but I’ll likely look to pinterest for inspiration.
Goals for this week.
1. Go about my days despite the little social experiment I’m doing with the children.
2. Becoming clearer on the guidelines for this experiment. After being at it for nearly 24 hours there are some things that need to be tweaked because we can see some issues that I anticipated that Mike didn’t.
3. Devise a tracking method. Yes, there’s a point I want to prove though this experience.
4. Visit everyone who links up to Goal Planning Monday and comment. I visited everyone last week but I’m not sure I commented everywhere. I may have but I want to be sure this week.
5. Continue to promote Goal Planning Monday on facebook and twitter.
6. Finish the book that I need to read for this month’s Blogher book club. Have I told you home much I LOVE the blogher book club? It’s great but now that I share a room with my husband again I don’t get to read after we go to bed as Mike needs his sleep and the light bothers him. I find it takes ages to read anything now. I might have A LOT of time on my hands (at least for a week or so) so maybe I’ll get to read in the days, who knows.
7. Clean out the storage. We’ve found out it is humid (it’s freezing and thawing but thankfully not moulding). It’s a huge job but it needs to be taken care of. Our cats have also caught a mouse or two since the storage has been opened so I’m not terribly trilled to go in there but I do want to get it organized. I hope we can get rid of some things and eventually get a door put up.