This week has been one of ups and downs. So much goodness happened, but at the same time I’ve been unwell with the same issues that have plagued me for the better part of the last year. It’s beginning to feel like I just got a little reprieve from the medication/hormones I took (a reset of the system), the the actual problem has not changed and it’s not something I’m terribly trilled to live with. It’s made me feel rather poorly at times and interferred a bit with plans earlier in the week, but as I said, there was a lot of good and today was really a perfect day so I wanted to take the time to share some of my Friday Fave Fives along with others at Living to Tell the Story. If you would like to take part in our (hopefully) weekly attempts to look at the brightness in out lives, I encourage you to check out this blog. Everyone’s posts always make me smile.
1. We’ve taken to the trails behind our house for the first time since moving here. It is awesomely amazing to be able to walk out the door and be in nature. This afternoon our neighbour, who owns the land, joined us and it was really lovely to just spend time together and chat while the kids got to be with nature. The little one was quite happy to be carried in the Ergo so everyone was content and we got to see a lot of things that the children have never seen before – bear tracks, moose track, a partridge, a wild rabbit just to name a few.
I didn’t take my camera today, but this is one from a couple days ago. Isn’t it like a piece of paradise? I can just open my door and walk for miles. Definitely taking my telephoto lens next time. The photo opportunities today were just amazing!
2. Word that steak is coming home with my husband tonight. It has been ages since I’ve had a good piece of red meat and I’ve been craving it. Yum. I cannot wait. Only about 45 more minutes!
3. Taking the time to organize my homeschooling area today. There will be a blog post coming about it soon, so I won’t share right now, but it is sooooooooo good and I am glad I came home and did it this afternoon.
4. The knowledge that my son is getting more confident around our dog again. He’s been a little bit nervous since he had an accident a couple of weeks ago. There been a couple freak outs over the dog (one day Mum told the dog to “go fly a kite” without thinking and that was not good).
5. I’m going to leave you with this video from Walk off The Earth. This band, in general, make me feel amazingly cheery, but this song in particular has been playing and awful lot around here this week and everyone runs to hear it when it comes on. It’s our feel good song right now and I’ve got it on repeat this evening.