I’ve been keeping a daily journal of blessing, a la 1000 Gifts, but it is always fun to share some of my favorite with you all here as part of Friday’s Fave Five with my friends over at Living to Tell the Story. I do hope that you will join us.
1. Kids that appreciate my cooking. It has been waaaaaay to hot this week, but I’ve continued to make nourishing foods for my family when all I want to do is go out and eat in an air conditioned restaurant. The children have been full of complements about my food this week especially and that makes me feel good about taking the time to continue to feed my child real food.
2. DIY.com and their ideas for keeping my children busy this week when all we really feel like doing in sitting around in front of of iGadgets and TV (on the same note, we found some good educational videos on Youtube as well). Here are a couple of projects that the kids worked on.
I encourage you to check out the website if you have children that you are trying to keep busy this summer. We love it!
3. Perfect timing for a gift. We received a package of books in the mail from a dear friend this week and the timing could not have been better. Both of my older children say together for a couple hours yesterday afternoon sharing random facts with each other. They don’t always need much hands on instruction and I ended up with time to work on a relatively intricate recipe I was making for my husband.
4. Fresh, local strawberries from the neighbour. They were oh, so, good.
5. Flowers. Our garden is filled with blooming plants and trees and it has been fun to watch as it is our first summer here. the garden appears to have been planned so that the is always at least something in bloom.