I took the opportunity today to sit down with Morgaine and plan out the next 6 to 8 weeks of school. I was surprised at how willing she was to choose things to work on. She’s usually far from willing to do anything academic and would prefer to colour, draw, or watch television. Morgaine is working mostly at a second grade level, though theoretically she’d be going into the third grade in September. She is at the youngest end for the grade and has made amazing progress in the last six months so I have no issues having promoted her to the third as I am sure that she will only continue to bloom from here on out. Here’s a little bit of what we have planned for the next six weeks.
- Digit Grade 2 Workbook A
- Math Mammoth Grade 2 Time Worksheets
- The Writing Programme 1 – 3 Stories/Units
- Language Smarts C – Synonyms/Antonyms, Homonyms/Homophones, Prefixes/Sufixes/Root Words
- One Minute Reader Level 2
- Building vocabulary with Familiar Songs (with Liam) – One per week
- Finish Ancient Rome, Start Ancient Greece (including Trojan Horse project)
- Considering God’s Creation (section on mammals)
- Supplemented with watching Wild Kratts, Kratts Creatures, Popular Mechanics
- Practice Keyboard (learn 2 new songs a week)
- DIY.com (1 project a week)
- Practice cursive writing
- Dusting twice a week.
- Dishes once a day
- Kitty littler 3 times a week (Mum will do the rest…..there will be no convincing Liam!)