It’s Friday. so in the spirit of thanksgiving I’m sharing a few of my favourites from this past week. I hope that you’ll join me and others over at Living to Tell the Story as it is always good, thanksgiving weekend or not, to think about the little things we’ve been blessed with over the week.
- Being able to doze on the couch this morning after the littlest and the dog got my up at 5am. I am pretty sure that the children were just thrilled that I told them that they could use the computer when they got up, so they were extra quiet to maximize the amount of time that they had to play, but anyways! I was grateful for a couple hours of extra sleep.
- Connecting with other people traing/trying to train their dogs. I’ve enjoyed their information and it makes me feel less alone in dealing with puppy craziness. I really want to do right by Cyndi and I am glad that these folks are always patient with my questions. I’ve gotten tons of good advice and Cyndi is moving right along with her training and I am becoming a more confident doggy owner.
- Facing massive defeat on two online games I was playing. I didn’t want to give up on them, but now that I’ve lost I”m relieved. Mike is the one that started playing them and they cut into our time a lot and I joined half heartedly. He lost first and then people looked to me to take over, but what can I say, I’m a peace lover so I did not last long. We’ll have more time to spend on real life now, I hope.
4. Doing an art project with the children. We were given the chance to review See the Light so we’ve been working on our project this week and I’ve quite enjoyed it, even though I am not a collage person. You’ll be able to read the full review and see my children’s work in a few days, but for now I’m sharing the one I did on a teeny tiny origami paper.
5. Managing to switch the homeschool room to another area yet again. I’m happy with how it turned out, even though we went from a three room suite down to one room. It is cozy, but the kids are happy working there as it is closer to the rest of the going ons in the household.